BUET M.Sc Admission Test – 2017
Civil Engineering Department
Exam Date: 12th APRIL, 2017
Total Mark: 100
Time : 1 hour
1. The magnetic bearing of a line AB is S28030’E. Calculate the true bearing if the declination is 7030’ west.
2. Find the fineness modulus (FM) of the following aggregate sample.
|Sieve size (mm)||Weight retained (gm)|
3. Compute the critical path for the given problem.
4. A rectangular beam has a width of 12” and effective depth 17.5”. It is reinforced with 3-20 mm bars. If fs = 24 ksi & fc = 1.2 ksi, n = 9 find the allowable working moment.
5. Draw the SFD & BMD of the following beam.
6. Design tie size and spacing of a 20” x 20” column, 12#11 bar is used in the column. Also show tie arrangement.
7. For a fully compensated Mat, find the depth of foundation. Given, Area= 20 m x 30 m. Unit weight of soil 20 KN/m3, Load 6000 KN.
8. Find the total settlement of compressible soil stratum of 2 m depth and coefficient of volume compressibility 0.2 cm2/kg under a pressure increment of kg/cm2
9. Draw Accessibility verses movement function diagram.
10. Draw transition curve diagram of super elevation.
11. Diagram of railway section with its different component.
12. Write down the factors affecting pavement design.
13. Why COD is greater than BOD? One advantages and disadvantages of COD?
14. ECR values for As, Fe, TC, Turbidity, TDS
15. If the BOD5 is 165 mg/l and k = 0.22/day at 200c temperature. Determine the ultimate BOD.
16. An urban catchment has are of 8 ha, 17 ha, 50 ha, 10 ha for different purposes. If the corresponding runoff co-efficient are 0.7, 01, 0.3 and 0.8 respectively find the equivalent runoff coefficient.
Download BUET M.Sc (Civil-2017) Admission Question Solution from below link