IWFM offers post graduate degrees in water resources development with the to enhance the knowledge and skills in planning and management of land and water resources, and widening their perspectives on Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM).
Who Can participate MURP Admission test ?
Those who have Four years Bachelor’s degree in mentioned department or its equivalent can attend Admission test.
- Civil Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Environmental Science
- Environmental Science and Management
- Soil, Water and Environmental
- Geography and Environmental
- Disaster Management
Marks Distribution & Exam Pattern:
Admission question will be fully written.
Syllabus & Topic :
Basically no margin is fixed for this test because of various disciplines can admitted this zone. Basics and current news of environment, Water Resource, River, basic Physics & math etc is more important for Admission test.
Total Mark=50 (Approximately)
Topics mainly focused on
1. Seasonal climatic and disastrous event (which disaster occurs when and their intensity)
2. Ganges-Brahmaputra-Meghna (GBM) Basin and GBM delta River type and name, tributary and distributary
- Braided river
- Tidal river
3. Polder (earthen enclosed embankment)
4. Trans boundary River and upstream intervention (Farakka Barrage, River linking Project) Agriculture (Boro, kharif season)
5. Bangladesh Delta Plan 2100
6. Water act and policy in Bangladesh
7. Climate, international conference (COP, IPCC, Kyoto Protocol etc.) and recent issues Water quality parameters
(Maximum questions will be based on analytical/logical ability)
Water related disaster:
1.FloodFlood types in Bangladesh and causes
Flash Flood, river flood, rainfall flood, tidal flood, Tide
2.Cyclone & Tsunami (Historical cyclone and Tsunami, velocity) Salinity intrusion
Fluid Mechanics basic:
Steady, Unsteady, Uniform, Non-uniform Laminar, turbulent
Reynold number, Froude number
Physics (Math and basic theory)
Density, Viscosity, Capillarity etc, which is related to physics & Fluid Mechanics.
- Arithmetic mean, ,Geometric mean, Harmonic mean
- Mean, mode, median
- Standard deviation, mean deviation
- Basic algebra (bank, bcs preli based)
Important key questions and articles:
- Water management in Bangladesh
- Flood management in Bangladesh
- Disaster Management in Bangladesh
- Physiography of Bangladesh
- Hydrology of Bangladesh
- Other water related issues This is a rough coverage.
NB: This is a rough coverage accodring to previous Admission test question. I never ensure question will as I focused here. Hope for good luck.
Upazila Assistant Engineer
Local Government Engineering Department (LGED)
Ministry of Local Government, Rural Development & Co-operatives